BEST TIME TO VISIT TRIUNDa comprehensive guide
Amongst these vast lands, time simply flew away from a traveler’s hands. As the journey of a traveler is filled with numerous magical surprises. Triund is a well-known jewel within such mystical land of the Himalayas, enclosed within the Dhauladhar Range and the Kangra Valley.
The mesmerizing scenic beauty of Triund has been a major attraction for travelers and tourists from all over the globe.
The hiking journey to Triund is so enchanting that will make you walk as slow as possible, so you can savor every moment of its glory. As the trail is surrounded by the freshness of such dense forests of Oak, Rhododendron, and Deodar. Although the forest-enclosed trekking trail is not that long for sure it will be a sight not to be forgotten Especially when you reach the ridge opening after being in the freshness of pine and coniferous forests. One can simply watch themselves being mesmerized by the majestic snow-capped mountains of the Dhauladhar range.
Triund is one of the most popular trekking trails that is located just 18kms from Dharamshala and nearly 10kms from McLeod Ganj. A place where one gets to experience the richness and diversity of Tibetan Culture.
A beautiful place like Triund has something to offer for everyone and all kinds of travelers. As the trek to Triund is made for everyone from Kids to families and travelers to trekkers. This trek is an experience you can cherish with your family and friends without caring about the risk factors that come along with a trekking destination.
f you have time to travel around Mcleodganj, you can also go to Manali, where you get to dine and chill in some of the Finest Cafes in Old Manali.
Even if you are a first-time trekker, make sure to not miss the opportunity of visiting Triund. A place where even as a beginner you will for sure end up having an experience of a lifetime. As the mystical scenic beauty of Triund will be a pleasant delight for your mind and soul.
Key Highlights of Triund
- As you walk on the trail towards Triund, the majestic views of the Dhauladhar mountains will keep enticing you to take out your camera again and again.
- Apple where not just the Himalayas but the lush green meadows and denser forests will send a wave of freshness to your soul. And the clouds welcome you with wide-open arms the moment you finish your trail to Triund.
- The fact that the Trek to Triund is easy when you compare it to the other trekking trails within this region. Making Triund a major travel destination for all kinds of travelers.
- For those who would like to spend some time with the Divine energy of a temple, you can set yourself free within the vibes of Gallu Devi Temple.
- An interesting fact for the ones who would like to explore the place beyond Triund, you can hike further to Kakeri Lake. A place where you get to swim in the lake and later visit the Caves that surround the lake.
- As the days are captivating and the nights are enchanting at Triund. It is like the moment the sun sets it takes you towards another dreamland of ecstatic shades of Nature.
- One gets to even experience the magical freshness within the Bhagsu Waterfalls, which you can visit on the way to Triund or on your way back.
- The Sunsets and the Night Skies are known to be a few of the major attractions for travelers in Triund.
- An interesting fact to keep in mind is the last 1-2kms before Triund has so many curves that people started to know that last stretch by the numerous curves.
- A delightful treat for nature enthusiasts and photographers, as the wilderness behind nature and wildlife within this region, is beautifully diverse.
- If you would care for experiencing the solitude within the monasteries within this region. Make sure to pay your visit to the Norbulingka Monastery that is enclosed within such beautiful gardens and the peace that comes along.
- If you are seeking some adventure to please your soul, try and get the [paragliding experience at the Kangra Valley.
- A few km ahead of Triund, you get to experience the beauty of what is known to be the Snowline Trek to the Lahesh Caves.
- As Triund has become a famous and promising tourist destination, it remains crowded on the weekends. If you are looking to enjoy the pleasure of solitude, then make sure to visit on the weekdays.
Best Time to Visit Triund
The truth is that Triund comes under one of those beautiful places that one can visit throughout the year. And at the end of the day, it all comes down to what season you would prefer to visit in Triund. Every season comes with its special surprises and beauty.
As the Winters arrive, the enchanting beauty of snow takes over this region. Many people say that you cannot walk up to the top when it’s snowing. But the truth is that if you are an experienced trekker or if you have some professional guiding you, then you can even have the winter and snowy experience from December to February.
When the snow-capped mountains are simply complimenting the snow-laden forests and even the ground shimmers with the sunlight falling. A sight that can easily spellbind any traveler who is passing by.
As the Spring and Summers arrive in this region, it comes with hope and new life for the Flora and Fauna. When the entire meadows, valleys, and forests are blooming with the lush green grass and the blossoming of wildflowers. It is a sight like no other when you go round and round in circles as everywhere you look is so scenic that it is breathtaking. Not to forget the magical and majestic sight of the Dhauladhar Mountains forcing you to not keep your camera back in the bag. Like every hour of the day, there is a different shade of ecstatic colors on the Mountains.
Like the Sunset, where the mountains are glowing with such enchanting shades of Red and Golden. A sight that might make you forget that you must blink your eyes as well.
A blissful opportunity for those who are here for the relaxing and adventurous nights in the camps. Make sure to have a little bonfire while you gaze at the star trails, as the night sky from Triund is simply magnificent.
If you get a chance to visit the cultural diversity of Manali and Old Manali, you can indulge yourself in the mesmerizing Trek To Lamadugh.
By the time Autumn arrives, the beauty of Triund enhances in its unique ways. Turning the hiking trail into a carpet of fallen leaves that are in contrast with the mountains and the forests. A pleasurable opportunity for photographers and artists of all kinds to savor every moment of this beauty within their Art forms.
The arrival of monsoons brings a drastic number of rainfalls, making it very risky as the chances of landslides are increased by a major incline. Although the monsoons bring a special kind of beauty all together to this land, the view of the Kangra valley and Dhauladhar ranges will simply make you awestruck. As the mystical clouds take over Triund during July and August, making the place look like a fantasized dreamland.
Make sure to contact the locals and the guides to get a clear picture of the region in monsoons.
With the arrival of October and November, the two captivating months before winters. When you can feel the chilliness within the wind and the grounds wait for the snow to cover them under a blanket of Snow. But before that happens, it is time for you to experience the beauty of those vast meadows and the majestic Himalayas.
How to Reach Triund
If you are willing to travel to Triund via road, it is an easy drive from Delhi to Triund. You can easily take a Bus that will take you towards your destination. As no direct buses are going till Triund. You can easily book a ticket to McLeod Ganj or Dharamshala.
As you all know there are no direct trains till Triund. The nearest you can reach Triund via trail is to the Pathankot Cantt. Railway Station, which is nearly 90kms from McLeod Ganj and Dharamshala.
Once you reach Pathankot and get off from the trail, the rest of the journey you will have to do via roadways.
If you are coming from a faraway state, you can easily book a flight ticket that will take you to Delhi and from here you can board a flight taking you towards Gaggal Airport which is nearly 10-12kms from Dharamshala
Why Triund Should Be on Everyone’s Bucket List
A place that does not need you to be a professional in trekking and hiking. At Triund, which is known as the easiest trekking trail in this region you get to experience one of the finest sunsets, you will ever experience. Where the last rays of the sun make the entire valleys and Meadow’s shimmer with a golden sparkle. Not to forget the Dhauladhar Range shining under the light of the Golden Hour. One can experience the true serenity within the silence and peace, here at Triund.
Last but not the least, a humble request from our team to maintain the sanctity of the place by cleaning up after yourself. This much we can do for everything that nature does for us.
Until Next Time!